Homeschooling Payton has it's ups and downs. Even the hard days are worth every minute and I am really loving spending more time with him. One thing I really enjoy is seeing how his mind works. Really I am in awe most of the time and can't wait for Justin to come home to relay our daily discoveries.
So last Monday he gave us a little glimpse into how he can apply ideas and concepts to other areas and it actually makes sense (most of the time). During our Family Home Evening we were talking about the 10 commandments for a little while and as we talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy we talked about what this means to us and how we want to follow it. Well after a few minutes of discussing how we can keep it holy and that it is special day Payton had another light bulb moment.
He said "It is the same as the money thing."
Me, "What do you mean?"
Payton, "Well God gives us everything and we give just one tenth of our money back as tithing. It is just a little bit. And then he gives us a whole week and only ask that we give him one day back. It is like a day we give back as a tithe."
Me and Justin looked at each other a bit surprised. I have to admit I was a little shocked. I don't think I ever thought of that, it makes sense now, I just don't think I ever compared the two before or thought there was any correlation. I don't remember the last time we even talked about tithing, except maybe in his Sunday School class weeks ago. I really like the way his brain thinks and can digest school, life and the gospel. It really opens my eyes.
Christmas
6 years ago




3 comments:
So precious! Aren't kids the best?!
Wow - what a great little thinker! Way to go, Payton, teaching us grown-ups a thing or two. "Out of the mouths of babes"... I sure do love that little guy!
That's awesome. Way to go all of you! Jana, I'm so proud of you for taking up the task. Can you do a post on the programs you're using for homeschool? Like for math, etc? Just curious. I really wanna hear what you're up to, and how it's going also on your end of things! Love you guys! :) Jess
Post a Comment