Thursday, January 20, 2011

Texas Sheet Cake recipe

This recipe is just too good to loose and I don't want to haul my whole cook book with me to WA. I think the kicker for me is the cinnamon in the chocolate cake. Woohoo, is it YUMMY!



DeeAnns 20 minute sheet cake



Cake ingredients
2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 sticks marg.
4 Tbs. cocoa
1 c water
1/2 c buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs

Bring 2 sticks of butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Mix all the other stuff together except the egg and buttermilk(or ½ t vinegar and ½ cup milk let sit). Put the hot stuff in the cold mix then add eggs and buttermilk. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan (I use a regular 9x13). Bake at 400 degree F for 20 minutes.

While the cake is baking you can make the icing.

Icing Ingredients
1 stick butter
4 Tbs. cocoa
6 Tbs. milk
--Take off the heat then add
1 tsp. vanilla
pound of powder sugar (I use a box)
1 c pecans (optional, I like mine toasted)

Bring first ingredients to a boil, mix last few and put on cake when it comes out of the oven.

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

I've wanted a good recipe for Texas Sheet Cake. I'm definitely going to try this. THANKS!