Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mud balls

Well my kids have always enjoyed the art of making perfect and very useful mud balls for as long as I have known, but the other day I saw something new.


I turned on the water in the dry pen and over filled it so the kids were having a blast making mudballs in the sand. As they worked Ben had a great idea. I looked over at them after I picked out a horses hoof and was surprised to see Ben holding something. I knew instantly what it was but couldn't figure out why he was standing there holding it.


"Um, Ben, what do you have there?


"A mudball


"Why? "


"Because I like them."


"Where did you get it?"


"Over there,"


"Do you know what that really is?"


"A mud ball"


"Sorry honey but that is horse manure, that is horse _____!"


He looks at me, looks at the clump in his hand, looks at me.


"No mom, it is a dirt ball. "


Seriously I could not convince Ben and Paige that those premade mud balls and dirt clumps were actually horse manure. How sad and yucky but I still had to laugh out loud.

2 comments:

Brandon and Danna said...

Yuck! I would have been freaking out. Good job keeping your cool.

Jess said...

Nasty!! Ewwwwww!! LOL