Friday, May 15, 2009

Ripe


Finally after days of rain and no sun we were pretty excited our strawberries turned red on Mothers Day. These were a gift my Mom sent last year when we were in Virginia and I was missing my mom's garden and strawberries. So a month or two ago I ran up to the in-laws and dug up a few and they are very happy here. Thanks mom. Oh and yes Ben just picked one that wasn't ripe yet.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Lucky! I am anxiously awaiting the day mine will be ripe!

Esther K said...

I still remember stealing strawberries and raspberries from your Grandma's backyard! Your family has the green thumb when it comes to berries!

Happy Mother's Day!

jana said...

Ha, Ha, I remember stealing those too. Thanks Es.

Jess said...

Hey Jana! LOVE the look on Avery's face! I can just hear that little high pitched voice now : Look at the strawberries! They turned red!" Thanks :)
Love you!
jess

Terry said...

I am glad your mom sent those strawberries too! Thanks, Sister Walker and to you for sharing with us! We have been so excited to have strawberries too. Its gotten me interested in growing things!