Friday, July 10, 2009

dresses and flowers



Please excuse the bad picture. Paige was very anti-pictures that day. I just wanted to show her dress. This is a dress my mom made for Avery's blessing when she was just a few weeks old, and Paige wore it for her blessing too. I was shocked the other day when Paige came downstairs and wanted to show me her "pitty" dress she found in her closet. I have no idea how she got it on but it wasn't easy getting it off. I was just starting to wonder if Paige finally is growing until this happened. A 3 yr old in a newborn dress, hummmm...



So with the extra frames we had I decided to make it a piece of artwork. It is a beautiful dress but not really a dress-up piece. I didn't do a very good job of making sure it is in straight. Opps


These are cool flowers the kids found hiding behind the roses. Does anyone have any idea what kind they are? We just liked the cool colors.

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I need to frame my girls dresses too. Your flowers are beautiful. they don't look real. I don't think I have seen anything like them, with those colors.

Jess said...

Gorgeous! What a great idea! Sure love you Jana! We're savin' some extra to try to get you all here :) Love you!!!

Amy said...

Wow, Paige, I'm impressed. I remember that dress. What a good idea to frame it. Those flowers are gorgeous. No idea what they are though.