I guess I should probably start with the quote of the whole trip.
Payton- "Grandpa, why are we still awake if we are not playing the wii?"
Mom- "Oops time for bed!"
I am sure he was trying to find a way to tactfully ask if he could play the wii but boy did we all get a laugh out of that. Of course it was probably only five minutes after we walked through the front door when he asked it.
The Night Before Christmas reading
I loved FROSTY's twinkle in his eye! It must be snow right?
I must say he was the cutest snowman I have ever seen.
The snowballs got bigger and then they turned to snowmen.
Justin picking people off from his vantage point at the top of the driveway.
The kids were so greatful for a white Christmas. They were praying and praying for one and I guess this counts. (When we pulled into our driveway in NC we realized it was still 62 degrees, not much chance of a white Christmas. The kids went sledding down the hill, went for a walk, played in the snow and then a few little balls tossed in fun turned in to an out and out war of snow. What a perfect way to enjoy the snow, I only wish we had more snow gloves, burrr.
Zag chasing stray snowballs
Helping out a brother
I was just about to type I have no idea where this kid got his great balance but after looking at the next picture I decided that probably answers it. Payton has always been very coordinated and fearless, so I shouldn't have been so surprised when he hopped on this board with no straps or instructions and took the sled hill to the next level.




6 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. You are lucky to have grandparents somewhat close. Merry christmas!
I'm glad you surprised his parents it looks like you all had a lot of fun! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Fun, but where are that boys shoes.
Payton's comment is hilarious! What a funny boy!
Oh, that just looks like so much fun!
Glad you had a great Christmas!
p.s. That definitely counts as a white Christmas in my book. And as my book is full of approximately 0 White Christmases, you can see I'm getting desperate.
I want to know where your babies shoes are too :) and why you always look so darn cute-after I help make a snowman and am in a snowball fight I look like a stringy wet mess, but nope, not you-always cute as can be!
Ha,ha,ha right.. Well notice there are no pictures of me as I was only taking pictures and trying to save my camera from the wet snow. And I have no claim on Frosty either. We did have shoes on Ben but after about 3 steps into the snow both he and Paige had had it with the snow and cried to go inside. So all the snow gear came off. Later he came out on his own when I was trying to take pictures of the snowboarders. So Payton gave him a ride as he came outside without shoes and I was going to take him back inside with me after I snapped the picture. Later for the family picture he wouldn't put them on so I wasn't too worried about our 60 seconds outside exposure for a family picture posed in the snow. Really he spent almost all of the day indoors and warm.
Post a Comment