Here is Avery. She has seen a few versions of the Nutcracker in school this year and someone said they were going to do the Nutcracker in music class so she was soooo worried about her being the Sugar Plum fairy and wanted a tu-tu to wear to school. This was the compromise. 

Yesterday we had a scare. Justin was coming home after being in the field all week and we were going to make brownies for him. Well while I got distracted I came back to this. Ben and Paige opened the box of brownie mix I had left on the counter, and they chewed a hole in the corner and were sucking out mix. I wish the mix all over the wall and counter were more visible. It was all over. So I cleaned them all up and pulled them off the counter. Well later after making the brownies and while they were cooking I started working on dinner. I guess Ben and Paige climbed up on the counter while I was turned around trying to get to the mixer to lick the bowl. Well I turned around to see Ben fall from the counter onto his head. I guess he had used the microwave handle to help him walk and it opened making him lose his balance. Well he landed right on his head. It was a sick sound and a terrible thing to see and just makes me sick. I was so upset. Of course this was just 2 minutes before Justin walked in the door from not seeing or hearing from us for a week. He walks in to find me bawling putting ice on Ben head. He was so calm and gave him a blessing. He then offered to drive him to the hospital. Ben fell asleep right away but the side of his head felt squishy which made us fear the worse. So Justin went to the army hospital and sat in the ER waiting for over 2 hours just waiting to be seen. Finally I called as I couldn't wait any longer to hear how he was and asked him to ask if he could go to another hospital. They ended up taking him back and with in a few minutes got x-rayed and finally got some good news. What a relief, what a blessing. Poor Justin hasn't slept all week and then he spent a few hours last night at the hospital. What a good dad. I am so grateful for my family and for the Priesthood.




6 comments:
Sounds like things were busy. (Funny pics) I'm glad Ben's head is okay, that can be soooo scary! It's also nice to have Justin home again I bet. I'm not looking forward to deployments. Oh well.... us Army wives will stick together!
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!! So what did they say??? Good job Justin, way to keep your cool. I would have been freaking out too, Jana.
Avery and Paige look cute!
They said there was no crack in the skull, his head is still symmetrical and he was responding well so he seems fine. They said next time watch for vomiting (bad sign) but his pupils looked good he woke up happy and hasn't shown any adverse affects. If you touch his head though he will tell you it hurts in different places. I guess the squishy fluid on the side of the head is ok.?? Maybe like a little bruising and swelling.
Scary!! I am glad he is okay.
omigosh!!! I'm like freaking out just reading this! A little teary-eyed I admit! AHHHHHHHHH! I'm glad he's okay. Oh, I love you guys!
I'm so glad he's ok. Caleb fell alot when he was little and even lost consciouness once. One of the most scary things. We sure miss seeing you guys! Glad you had friends to spend Thanksgiving with.
Post a Comment