Thursday, December 2, 2010

Roatan Honduras

Little by little I will get this cruise posted.
This was our second stop. It was a beautiful island. A bit primitive but very authentic. I really enjoyed it.

I like this view.
I guess these are other cruise ships that tried to dock here without a permit. I thought they were cool.

We enjoyed watching us come into port. We walked past all the beautiful Princess stores and we walked past the guards and down a steep cement road that would never fly in the states. Then we walked to our guide at the bottom of the hill where the road turns into dirt and the guides crowd together with their signs. We had a lot on our group and our friends said they didn't book a tree top tour and they were the only ones at that time and they got to try fun things.

We ended up on the south side on a steep hill where we were hooked up and sent down zip lines. It was lots of fun. I worried about going too fast and they kept saying your fine keep coming keep coming but when they had to catch me I about took them out. The glove on my break hand was very worn when we got to the bottom. I didn't know if I could take pictures on the zip line so I left it but we took our video camera and got a little footage on that.









I hate to even include this for fear Benny will get some idea but we parked under this "house." I bet the lot square footage is great. A local said the place was for rent. Ummm... no thanks.



It was still fun to look at.








Our cool lunch. Justin had a yummy banana soda. It is like a giant runt banana bottled. We had a burger and fries that were probably terrible but tasted like so yummy and unique.



beautiful beaches





Justin jumping off the high dive with the locals. I was getting mobbed by women and children selling stuff. Justin had to come fight them off. One lady was funny. She wouldn't take no, or no thanks for an answer. She would make you repeat "maybe later," in her broken English then she would leave you alone. She asked if she could give me a massage and I said no but she didn't take the hint and got closer so I put up my hand to say no thanks. So then she grasped my outstretched hand and started rubbing it and massaging it. I couldn't get it back until I repeated "maybe later, way later." Then she started asking Justin and as he ignored her she lifted up the back of his shirt and started rubbing his back. Whoa, "maybe later, maybe not." That gets peoples attention.






I thought these swings were cool.
So at the Cayman they said the island is named because of it's alligator shape. But they quickly said but there are no alligators here. Well I thought it applied here. No worries. Well as we were walking down the pier back to the ship Justin spied something in the water. It looked like a stick to me. It came out from under the pier and headed to the cove right behind Justin in the picture above. You can probably see also in the next cove over is the tourist sight were all the ship passengers went for the day. I don't know if anyone was still over there but wouldn't that have been a surprise to enjoy your day at the beach and meet this guy.


3 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm jealous!!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

That is hilarious about the massage lady. That is what I call pushy. Your pics make it look like you had a splendid adventure. I am so glad!!

Terry said...

How cool, Jana! I'm so glad you could do something cool for your 10 year anniversary!

I agree the massage lady is a funny story! Sheesh!!!