Friday, November 9, 2012

Chocolate cake recipe


I don't know if I posted this cake recipe before but as we love it and I got some request for the recipe I may as well post it and share it.  My aunt shared the recipe for me so I will pass it on.  And on my birthday if Justin ask you what I want you can direct him to this page.  Ha ha ha... chocolate!
Photo: Michail, it is calling your name...
(Actually I only took a picture of the cake because Mabel has her eye on it and if something happens in the next few hours I want proof that it was a decent cake.)  Mabel wet her taste buds on it and can't seem to be distracted in her quest to conquer the triple chocolate mountain!  I took her out of the crib where she had her nap and set her on the floor and she beat me to the kitchen where she was already up, on a chair and had grabbed a handful of the cake before I could pull her away.
Triple Chocolate Cake (birthday cake)
Ingredients-
1(18 oz) box devil’s food chocolate cake mix
1 (6 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 Large eggs, beaten
½ cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to stir together the chocolate cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil eggs and water.  Mix in chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased 12- cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Cool cake for 90 min before turning over onto a serving plate.
Either glaze the top or dust the top with powdered sugar.  (We ALWAYS GLAZE, I guess it should be quadruple chocolate cake with this delish glaze and added layer of chocolate).
And of course if you go all out and make this cake and the glaze please don't forget the vanilla ice cream!  Something this rich and divine needs only a scoop of vanilla to compliment and complete the perfect dessert!

Glaze-
3 squares (3 oz) unsweetened chocolate , chopped
5 Tblsp butter in pieces
1 ¾ c. powdered sugar
4-5 Tbls hot water
1 tsp vanilla

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave.  Add powder sugar and water, then add vanilla.
Pour over cake and let run down sides.  It will pool at the bottom. We always have a bit extra but somehow it always seems to disappear so I am not too concerned. 

No comments: