I thought I would start simple and just blog about Halloween. Easy enough right? Now if I could just remember where the button is to add a photo....
We decided to try and match this year and all be from the Narnia book. I know hair color is off but Avery was Susan, Payton was Peter, Paige was Lucy and Ben was Edward. We ran out of kids so Mabel had to be Reepicheep the mouse. By the time we took this picture we had lost half of the fun props that made them who they were. Avery's bow and arrows and quiver, Paige's vial, Payton's sword (actually all their armor was broken before Halloween) and Mabel's tail. The kids wanted me to be the White Witch but I couldn't find a weeding dress at the thrift store and was a little too busy to make something. I felt blessed to find the kids costumes all at the thrift store or the fabric at the thrift store or a friend had Avery's dress. Avery made Mabel's stuff and Ben and Payton helped me make the shields and swords. It is SO fun to make your own costume. I'm not a big Halloween person but this was fun!
Of course having Justin come back after being gone a month was a fun addition to the church party fun.




1 comment:
Glad you're back. :) Mabel is hands down the cutest mouse ever. Nice job on the costumes, I'm a sucker for family themes.
Post a Comment