Sunday, February 8, 2009

Frequent Cryer Miles...

No we didn't have that much crying.
Well you can see if you can find the kids in these two pictures. You may have to click on them to see it a little bigger.

Well for those who were worried we did arrive safely. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We truly did receive a lot of help and it was a fun time. We only had one split lip and one pinched finger and two trips to the planes potty trying to squeeze in with a potty training 2 year old and a independent 1 year old. Others then a few interesting moments flying all day with 4 kids across the country was really a good experience. Payton pinched his finger in the seat belt while I stepped in the back chasing Paige down and when the flight attendant saw the tears starting to come down Payton's face he rushed to his rescue. Then after bandaging him up and giving him some cookies I think he became the planes little mascot. I think we got the royal treatment. Thanks Southwest. Avery and Payton loved ordering their own drinks and coloring in their books. Paige and Ben lived off Cheetos and reading books. I do think the last leg of the trip somehow got longer, a lot longer then I remember it taking. During our layover in Las Vegas we found the kids play area which was a huge help in corralling the group and keeping out of everyone elses stuff. Paige and Ben were too independent and Paige wanted to pull the roller carry on at the airport so everyone got a laugh out of our tiniest traveler. Ben just wanted to wander off on his own path and never looked back. Then we used a wheel chair as we walked to baggage and Paige again insisted on pushing. Justin just had to laugh as he watched this self propelled wheel chair push itself down the long hall to where we got to meet up with him. (Paige couldn't be seen over the wheel chair.) Avery and Payton are sad that they will miss Jenny and Jill and living with grandma. I don't think they realized the trade off they were making. I hope I can survive with out all my help and life lines I was used to. So far our first two days back East together again with Dad have been a fun adventure as well.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe you're gone! I didn't even know you left! I'm sad you're not here anymore. But I am happy for you that your whole family is together again!

p.s. I finally opened one of the jars of spaghetti sauce that you made. SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!! It was a big hit.

Esther K said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you were moving! I Where did you move to? I hope you settle in quickly and enjoy the new adventure! Good luck! Thinking of you!

blogarama mamma said...

You're so brave to fly with four kids by yourself. Major mom points for that. Goodluck at your new abode.

Charity said...

glad to know you made it safe-looks like it wasn't too bad-all in all :). How's it all going? Miss you. I can't remember the conversation but I was talking about you today-all good like always! Take care