Well we still aren't in but we are soooo close. One week ago we ran up to our storage and it took 1 1/2 hours for Justin and me to load the U-haul. Then Saturday a couple people from the ward came and helped us unload in about the same amount of time. So this whole week we have been unpacking and cleaning everything. It has been awesome to have Justin around so much right now too. I think he usually is working or starts school the day after we move because I have never felt like I had so much help moving. I LOVE it. So we have all our clothes and bedding washed, the dishes washed and put away. We even went out and stocked up on food. So what is the hold up? I don't know. I kind of like having it as our home away from home. I kind of like having Avery home all the time. Payton and Avery have become the best of friends in the last two weeks. Paige has found the new house to be a heaven as it is full of boxes and boxes of books she can just stare at for hours and hours. I am already enjoying having the space and extra beds as Ben is enjoying his quiet peaceful naps. Not to mention the free breakfast and maid service at the hotel we are at.
The weather has been cold for the past week and I feel like it gives me an excuse to no stay in the new house. What if we get cold in the middle of the night. I don't know what to do with radiators. That and it would mean I don't have anymore excuses for not sending Avery back to school.
We did have an awesome discovery today. We accidentally drove by a thrift store yesterday so we checked it out today. (So far all the thrift or second hand stores have been very disappointing. They charge the original price and it is in terrible shape.) So this was extra exciting it and had lots of clothes for 50 cents. Then they had a crazy weird furniture section that had just odds and ends so they sell the pieces of furniture for cheap. We had so much fun exploring that place. Then when we were going to leave they directed us to a table of free bread. Jessica it totally brought me back to Wymount and the laundry mats there. I felt like I was right at home in this place. Holly we picked up some jalapeno and cheddar loafs and I had to laugh thinking about our crazy recipes we used to try and come up with. Yeah today was a good day with our great discovery. I have been waiting for this one.
Christmas
6 years ago




1 comment:
I am a HUGE thrift store fan! Glad you've found some cool stuff! Thanks for posting stories and tidbits about your moving journey!
Post a Comment