Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update

Here is a few of the things I missed blogging about when we had no internet.



Avery's birthday

Just a quick update, Avery and Payton both lost a top tooth!! That was exciting for both of them. Payton's dentist pulled his out and Avery pulled out her own.

Grandma and Grandpa Meredith came to visit last month. It was a quick fun visit for Avery's birthday and they brought down a few bikes!
Avery and Payton learned to ride 2 wheeler bikes. One of the neighbor girls asked Avery to ride bikes with her and she said she didn't have a bike and didn't know how to ride. So this little girl was determined to teach Avery how to. So I think they tried it about two days and Avery was riding. They took her to the top of the hill and she just tried to pedal pedal pedal until she crashed. She still hasn't figured out the whole break thing. She just goes and coast and turns uphill until she comes to a stop.
Payton wanted to learn too so that next day he went down to a neighbors house who had a little bike and asked to borrow it and taught himself.
That was a big step for us. The kids love their new freedom and speed.

Avery hanging out.

Sorry for these next pictures they aren't pretty.
I broke my ankle at the end of September jogging. Of course I don't think it was a coincidence that just the evening before I was commenting to Justin how I feel like I have it too easy. Now that two kids are in school, life just feels too easy, it shouldn't be this easy, maybe I am not doing enough, maybe I should be some schooling or just do more. Well I seemed to have taken care of the too easy part. I stepped on an uneven part of the edge of the road and tumbled into the middle of the road at 5 in the morning. I had to walk home as I came up with a few good reasons to ignore the feeling to take my cell phone with me. I ended up driving to the hospital, and switched the kids with Justin and ended up spending 9 hours there waiting to see a doctor. It was kind of funny as we all sat in the overfilled waiting room and an ad for government run health care came on we all started looking around. Yeah I don't think anyone in that waiting room suffering mostly from neglect more then the ailment that brought them in and kept them there, will be voting for any such health care. We all vowed to go to a private clinic next time and pay out of pocket if we must. It was not a fun experience. But in the end they said I did the same thing I did 9 years ago. It was such a bad sprain it pulled a chunk of bone away from the ankle bone. So they put me on crutches. I was pretty good about staying off it all week, then I got a walking boot and after a week of that I felt good enough to run. My kids were the best they wanted to help all the time. Paige gave the sweetest prayers and I attribute my speedy recovery to them and all those praying for me. That was the quickest, most painless recovery ever. After my one last time I did have something to compare it with. Last time I was limping all semester and this time I am back to running and anything else I feel like doing. What a blessing.
The knee picture was just to show how my right knee took a good part of the spill. Boy did it hurt almost worse then the broken ankle.

Here is a picture of the broken left ankle, I took a picture before I even went to the doctor as I was debating if I should go in or not, so the coloring didn't even show up yet.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Ouch! I'm glad its feeling better!

Jeanette Roylance said...

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery was quick. I miss visiting with you.. Call sometime. Any progress no a refund for your trip?

Jess said...

Whoa! I'm glad the kids are riding bikes! Crazy! They're getting big so fast!!! I miss you guys!

That is such a blessing that your ankle healed so quickly! We love you Jana :)

Oh, LOVE that pic of Avery "hanging out"

hilary w said...

Ouch! Those pictures look so painful! I am so happy you recovered so quickly. It's amazing to hear you think you have it so easy with FOUR kids! You are amazing!

Amy said...

Happy 7th Avery!

So do you think Liah can come down to your neighbor's and learn to ride a bike, too?

Sorry about your ankle/knee! That looks awful! I take a bit of responsibility for that with all of my running.... sorry...
So glad you recovered so quickly!

Miss you guys!

Bonnie-Jean said...

Never say "I have it easy"... God will always find some way of making sure you have a good learning experience. I'm glad you're feeling better though.

Esther K said...

Ouch!!! Get well soon!

And I think Moms do enough, don't be hard on yourself, and enjoy the down time when you have it (or are forced to have it)! ;)