Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life Lesson

(I hope I don't offend anyone with these images.)
Life on the farm.
Where does our food come from?




Ben was very interested when Grandma said we need to get rid of one of the roosters. He wanted to know what Grandma was doing and why.


He wanted to be a part of every step and see every part.


He was just amazed by the process and this amazing thing called life and a body.

He was pretty proud of his lesson when he came in the house and told me all about chickens and how they grow and then become food. He wanted to keep watching as the bird went from the pen to the sink to the pot and to the dinner table.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Ben, you are amazing! I think I might have been grossed out! Then again, I've seen some pretty gross things in my life. So, roast chicken doesn't come from the meat store? LOL!

justin meredith said...

I hope it becomes one of those life lessons that help shape him into who he will become one day.

And, how often do you get to play with a rooster foot?