Sunday, March 21, 2010

Capturing Spring

Today on the way to Church I noticed the trees at the hospital were just starting to bloom. These pink flowered trees are my favorite spring tree so if anyone wants to tell me what they are I would be very pleased. I have an idea but don't know for sure. (OK this is what they are called: Saucer Magnolia, Japanese Magnolias or sometimes are called Tulip Trees but not to be confused with the Poplar variety called a tulip tree. That was my confusion. They have the same name and are completely different trees but now I know apparently they are the same family, who knew? Thanks Walt! )
Well on the way home from church I thought I would take a quick picture at least so I could ask someone what they were. The kids after sitting in church so well and so long asked if they could step out for a minute too. So it turned into a lot of pictures and a lot of running around. Ben usually isn't a runner but boy was he hard to keep track of today.


This is how it always seems to go when I try and do a group pictures. They all go in different directions. Then I say hold hands and then half of them end up on the ground and start crying.









That is my Avery. :)

















Boy do I wish this one was in focus!









I guess these pictures don't work so well then it is bright outside. They couldn't even open their eyes. But they thought it was funny.


I liked this one because you can see Payton just as he is about to catch the falling petal. Avery is trying to blow more out of the tree.


7 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful pictures! You are such a good photographer!! I love the photo of the four cuddled together on the grass! They are all smiling and perfect! :0) I LOVE Avery and Paige's hair cuts too!

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

I agree with Terry.. Beautiful Pictures and you are a great photographer....Great job!!! I can't wait to have great moments like that with my kids.

Eric and Carrie said...

Darling photos! Your kids are so cute! I've always called those lotus trees, but I don't have any idea, really. I love the springtime!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

I love those trees too! I just asked your mom YESTERDAY what they were called and neither Jonny or I remember the name. Good grief my memory... but excellent taste! haha! Cute kids! They look so cute in their Sunday best!

Ashley said...

Those are awesome photos! I loved looking at them, it looks so warm there which makes me super jealous.

Jess said...

Hi Jana! What a treat to see all the cutie patuties tonight as I looked at your blog! The look just darling, and I just love your creative eye for these fun pictures! Great shots! Also loved the one of them cuddled together on the grass--- so sweet!

Wendy said...

Cute photos of your kids. All with their gorgeous Jana smile.