Saturday, March 27, 2010

Part 2

My Silly PJ (thing 2?)
So to finish the 2nd half of the St. Patty's day food blog started a while back.
Mar 17th
In the morning I was babysitting and then had a visit from my visiting teachers. The kids got home and we started our cooking show. Payton came home grumpy from school and went to a friends house but soon came home and laid on the couch. After we finished making the food and sent the first plate out to friends and neighbors I went over to check Payton and see if he was sick. He was hot and Paige woke up from her late nap and was warm and crying. So I grabbed the Motrin and gave some to Payton. He seemed groggy but hopped off the couch like he was suddenly better. Two seconds later he ended up on the floor having a seizure. What a scary thing. As soon as it stopped I called a friend to take my kids while I went to the doctor. Payton had two seizures 3 years ago and the doctors were calm and said it wasn't a big deal they were from fevers and had nothing to do with epilepsy. Well this one last longer then before and certainly nerve racking. Karen came over helped me keep my head on straight. She had me call 911. The firetruck came so quickly and were very calm and the ambulance wasn't far behind him. I was glad to have their help. Payton and I got an ambulance ride (but please don't ask him about it he doesn't remember much).
My friend took my other kids and put all my food in the fridge, turned off the stove and kept my other kids home with her and let them spend the night.
Payton and I spent the almost 7 hours in the ER waiting for test and watching him. (One of the bizzare things was I saw a friend from church and her 2 year old was in the ER with the exact problem as Payton and they happened at the same time! What are the odds?) The doctors say the seizure was just from the fast fever and sent us home. It was a long night and we didn't get home until almost 2 am. Luckily my other friend, Sheryl offered to pick up some dinner for me and Payton as we were starving and she ended up picking us up in the middle of the night and taking us to McDonald's. When we got home I had to put Ben to bed and came back into the kitchen where I left Payton to eat some food. The boy had spent all his time trying to put the stickers from his happy meal toy on to the toy car he got. Yep he is back to himself.
How blessed and how grateful I am for Payton that he is back to normal and for the blessing of caring and wise friends who helped out that scary night. I have some amazing friends and thank God everyday for their friendship, help, and support they have given me and especailly these last weeks when things seem to just be out of my hands. Thank You!
March 17th in front of the hospital. Yep he is feeling better.
Payton and Avery missed school the next day as we ran around to doctor appointments and pharmacies. It ended up to be a really fun experience as we went out to lunch together and just had a fun and non-pressured day together. Again, another friend babysat the other two so this time could be a special and relaxing day for us.

2 comments:

Jeanette Roylance said...

Jana!!!!! What a deal! I am so glad you have good friends to help you. They will be blessed for caring for you when we can't and Justin is away. I'm so glad to hear that PJ is OK. Seizures are one of the most scary things I can think of. And cute pics!

JAM said...

Glad to hear that you have such great friends to help you through the hard times while Justin is away! You and your family are always in out prayers.